Sunday, March 2, 2014

Recipe: Pumpkin Pie Smoothie


More pumpkin, please. I make pumpkin recipes all year around. Any excuse for something that calls for pumpkin, I'm in!

This smoothie is good. It takes a little prep but for the taste and nutritional punch it delivers, it's worth it. I did a version with a couple of handfuls of mixed greens and it was good. But if you want the true pumpkin pie flavor, save your greens for another smoothie.

I'll be sharing more of my favorite smoothie recipes soon including green smoothies. I'm a big fan of the wonderful team at Simple Green Smoothies and they have inspired my green smoothie habit almost entirely. You can hop on over to their site for some recipes right now. I can't say enough about their recipes being the best for "beginners" or those that think they could never stomach greens in a smoothie. :)

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
Makes 1 smoothie
Original recipe here.

Ingredients:
1 cups Almond milk
1/4 cup Rolled oats
1 tbsp Chia seeds
1/2 cup Canned pumpkin
2 tsp Molasses
1/2 Banana, frozen
2 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
1 tbsp Pure maple syrup

Directions:

1. In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the milk, oats, and chia seeds. Place in fridge for 1 hour or preferably overnight. I took the original author's advice and prep'd it the night before.

2. Add soaked oat mixture to blender along with the pumpkin, molasses, frozen banana, spices and maple syrup. Blend until smooth.

1 comment: